Sunday, December 30, 2012

Snowy Sunday Update

We've picked up about 4 inches of snow this morning to add to the 16 inches from Thursday, which will set us up nicely for another day of powder and packed powder conditions. Weather forecasts are calling for snow showers to continue for the remainder of the morning. 
Grooming Update: Because of the rapidly falling snow, you will encounter snow atop the skate groomed trails. We will not be laying down classic tracks today due to the snow. 

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Classic Tracks

Attention classic skiing fans. We plan to have 18km of classic tracks set for Sunday. End of update.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Foot Of Fresh And Counting

It has been snowing hard all day. We've picked up a foot of new snow since the storm began early this morning and it is showing no signs of letting up. The forecast calls for snow to continue into Friday morning. We plan to get out and skate groom 18km of trails for tomorrow. We will probably have some classic tracks set by Saturday. And, the remainder of our 100km of terrain is full of fresh snow and open. 

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Nordic Opening Day.

Today is Opening Day at Bolton Valley Nordic! We have picked up enough snow over the past few days to provide 7km of skate skiing on Broadway, Picnic Loop, Upper Maple Loop and Tear Drop. The rest of our terrain is open for exploration on skis or snowshoes. Please be aware that early season conditions exist and there are some thin spots out there. The wax of the day will be Red. Day tickets are just $5 today through Tuesday. Happy Holidays.

Also, we are now on facebook!

Friday, December 21, 2012

Getting Closer: Stay Tuned!

The long awaited start to the Nordic season should be just around the corner. The 17 inches of natural snowfall has helped us stack up a solid base, and inch closer to an Opening Day. 
We are hopeful for an opening this weekend, but we're still waiting to see what the rest of today's weather might do, so we’re still in a bit of a holding pattern. We suggest you stay tuned to the Nordic Snow Report for more updates. Saturday and Sunday are both calling for cold temps and natural snow, and if we can open our Nordic trails we certainly will.
Hang in there Nordic fans!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

More waiting...

Just a quick update here today! The good news is, it's currently snowing here at Bolton Valley, and it has been for several hours. Due to the wind, it's a tad difficult to get an estimate, but at the very least, we have an inch of fresh on the ground.

We do not have a projected Opening Day for our Nordic trails at this point, but as soon as we have enough natural snow, we'll be ready to go! Keep checking back for updates!

Monday, December 10, 2012

Waiting for the Snow

This warm weather and unfrozen precipitation is not doing us any favors in the Nordic world. We anticipate an opening day of December 15th for our Nordic trails, but, this depends on natural snowfall. Right now we don't have any significant snow in the forecast so it's not looking too promising for a Saturday opening. We'll keep our eye on the sky and when we get enough snow to open our Nordic terrain we'll be ready to go. We strongly encourage Nordic skiers to continue to check back here for natural snowfall updates. 

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Opening Day Postponed

We wish we had more snow to report today! As you may have already heard, our opening day has been delayed. Our new opening day is now scheduled for Saturday, December 15th.
We are currently in a stretch of a few days of warm temperatures. It looks like this warm weather will stick around until Wednesday night. Unfortunately, most of the snow we’ve received from last week’s storms has not held up on our Nordic trails. However, we are watching the weather carefully, and current projections are calling for possible snow on Wednesday night, followed by slightly cooler temps on and off in the next several days. Keep your fingers crossed for more of the white stuff!
We are hopeful for an opening day of December 15th for our Nordic trails, but, this depends on natural snowfall. 

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Warming Temps

The good news is we received about an inch of new snow on Saturday. However, we are currently entering a stretch of a few days of warm temperatures. We are still hoping to open on December 8th for Nordic skiing, but, we'll have to see how much snow we loose over the next few days with the warm temps. We'll have a better idea later this week of if Opening Day will go on as planned.