- Blue Cross Blue Shield Snow Days: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont is hosting its annual Snow Days event on February 6, 2016. This event gives Vermonters and Blue Cross Blue Shield members the opportunity to try cross-country skiing and snowshoeing for free.
- Frigid Infliction: Frigid Infliction, the longest running winter adventure race in America, returns to Bolton Valley on March 5, 2016. This 10-hour adventure race is for teams of two or three, and is a great segue into adventure racing if you've never participated in one before. Register here for Frigid Infliction 2016.
- Vermont Land Trust Tours: Join the Vermont Land Trust, Catamount Trail Association, Friends of Bolton, and the Green Mountain Club on March 6, 2016, as they explore some of the 1,100 + acres in Bolton's Backcountry. The event will be held from 2 - 6pm, followed by an apres-ski gathering.
- Split and Surfest: Splitfest is back once again on Saturday, March 12, with a day full of demos, obstacle courses, food, and beer. For those looking to try it out for the first time, there will be a splitboarding 101 class held by the Catamount Trail Association. Meet at 8:30am outside the deli, then head inside at 4pm for drinks and a raffle.
- 24 Hour Backcountry Skimo and Splitboard Race: From March 19-20 Bolton Valley, along with Native Endurance, will be hosting New England's first ever 24-hour Backcountry race. Participants will compete for the most overall laps in either a 24 or 12-hour period. There are numerous categories, so click here for registration and more information.
There are several series/ recurring events this year that aim to get people off the couch and out into the Nordic terrain and Backcountry.
- Get Out & Backcountry Instructional Series: This winter the Catamount Trail Association is offering over a month of Backcountry instruction at Bolton Valley. This will include a total of 12 courses covering introduction to Nordic Touring, intermediate Nordic Touring, the Telemark Turn, and Introduction to Vertical Touring. The fun kicks off February 7, so check out the events calendar and see which one best suits you.
- Catamount Backcountry Trail Express: For the first three Saturdays in February, join us in exploring Section 22 of the Catamount Trail. There will be a shuttle between the parking lot off Old Country Road in Nebraska Valley, allowing you to ski from Bolton Valley back to your car without having to set up your own car shuttle. The event kicks on February 6 with a 10am pickup at the Old Country Road Parking Lot.
- Wednesday Night Citizen Skimo Race Series: Starting February 7, Bolton Valley along with the Catamount Trail Association will be hosting 7 uphill races on Wednesday nights. There will be two main courses, and one longer course which we will break out for the final race of the season.